I wanted to share a recipe that I just tried for the first time last night—a delicious taco bowl! I love Mexican food and burritos and am also passionate about healthy and tasty eating. So, I tracked down a recipe for spaghetti squash taco bowls that are AMAZING. They are so unique and flavorful. I really recommend this meal for anyone like me who loves Mexican food and is trying to be healthy!
Also, it was not too difficult to make. The whole recipe took about 45 minutes or so, because the squash needs to bake in the oven for that long. I found the recipe on https://www.wellandgood.com and will definitely be going back to check out more of their dishes!
“Chicken Burrito Spaghetti Squash Bowl
Yields 2 servings; 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints® per serving
1 spaghetti squash
6 oz. chicken breast
1 tsp olive oil
½ red onion, sliced
½ green pepper, sliced
½ cup pinto beans
½ cup corn
¼ cup guacamole
½ lime, juiced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scrape out seeds and discard.
- Season spaghetti squash with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place spaghetti squash halves skin side up and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Using a fork, scrape out spaghetti squash and transfer to a bowl. Add lime and cilantro to spaghetti squash and gently combine.
- While spaghetti squash is roasting, grill peppers and onions with a little olive oil in a cast iron skillet until veggies are softened, and grill corn until slightly charred. Remove veggies from pan.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and cook until chicken is done and juices run clear. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Dice chicken.
- To make bowls, place cilantro lime spaghetti squash in spaghetti squash skin. Top each with chicken, grilled veggies, beans, and guacamole.”